29 December 2007

Sole Survivor (trademarked) comfort kit

All the words sound good: not tested on animals, save recycle, environmental friendly. The registered saying "True to Life" sounds like this company cares about the planet. The website is earththerapeutics.com - I confess I haven't gone and explore the site yet.


Let's start with the packaging - I see no recycle symbols that indicate that this packaging is actually made from materials that can go into the blue blox. The words "save recycle" are just words - perhaps there are telling me to save and to recycle or perhaps they are hoping that I would think that this package is one that I can save to do something with it later (if they had designed it better I might have been able to do just that).


After much struggling (where are the scissors when I really could use them?) I finally get out the gift items - heel guards, cushion pads and strap strips made of a washable gel and two squeeze tubes (1.7 fl oz/50 mL). The actual items fit into the palm of my left hand. Meanwhile I'm left with 8 pieces of hard plastic. The pile stands about 7 inches high on a 10" x 12" base. It looks like a plastic pyramid.


The ingredients - hmm, 7 types of extracts in purified water, stearic acide, glycrine (vegetable), isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol (derived from coconut), isopropyl myristate, xanthan gum, oat hulls, purest TeaT tREE oIL (aUSTRALIAN mELALEUCA aLTERNIFOLIA), more yummy sounding stuff and that the ingredients I don't care for - methylparaben, propylparaben.


Not sure what phenoxyethanol is but they say it is derived from rose oil so I feel better. And stuff like aloe vera, peppermint oil, lavender oil, sunlfower oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, yarrow extract, tea - all those sound delicious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment