20 June 2008

Love carefully crafted letters from banks

I got a letter the other day from my bank, the Royal Bank, of which I have been a member for a long time. I'll quote it:

In a recent review, we have found that the Signature Plus Flat Fee Option Medium account is being used by fewer and fewer clients, indicating it may not be meeing our clients' needs. As a result, we will be phasing out this account."

What is actually being said: This account is no longer offered. This I know is true because I have had this account for a long time. And at one stage I actually thought I would review my options. I could not even find this option on their site so I spoke to my bank rep - and he advised me I could not find it because it no longer existed but I was grandfathered in.

Nice spin doctoring is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment