26 February 2011

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Self-tracking.

It's a word that just came onto my radar for two reasons: Oprah's De-Clutter Your Life mag Mar. 2011 and Wired magazine (I swear I really do need to subscribe to that mag).

Now I'm not quite sure what it means yet but the 5 minutes of browsing seems to indicate is a measurement of your life, maybe to the point of obsession. First off I'm wondering if it is like the quote:
The unexamined life is not worth living.
Socrates, in Plato, Dialogues, Apology
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)
I do think that everyone needs to take a step back to evaluate what they are doing, how are they respond to people, how they act from day and day, if their values have changed over time, what are their regular patterns, do they hold any irrational beliefs and why.

In that sense I feel we do need to examine our lives. I like this article that I found and it looks like Karl's site has some stuff that I would like to go back and explore.

But now I"m going to go and find out what this self tracking is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment