You'd think that by now I would have it all down pat when it comes to packing up beauty aids.
Maybe if I just used those travel check lists that I make up, maybe if I actually read them, I would not end up with what I have this morning - 79 individual items.
It is Wednesday around 7:30 AM. I'm at the Royal Anne Hotel in Kelowna getting ready for a foodservice show. And for some reason, perhaps since travelling by car instead of plane I managed to pack the following:
- 4 make up bags - two would suffice (one for luggage and another for carry-on).
- Two containers of foundation (one full size; one that has been tranferred into a mini-container)
- Hair gel and hair oil (for those fly-away strands)
- Eight pencils - brow, lip and cheek and nail
- Five mascaras (what was I thinking - where are the flash eyelashes)
- Two body creams
- Ear plugs (so essential but 5 - not 6, not 4 but 5)
- Tweezers; Nail clippers x 2; Nail file
- Eye make-up remover
- Lipstick x 2
- Eyebrow powder; eyeshadow palette x 2
- Disposable shaver (borrowed from boyfriend); organic cotton swabs and puffs
- Creme blush and stick blush
- Sparkle eyeliner (weak moment at London Drugs for Lise Watier cosmetics) plus eyeliner
- Hair clip x 2; hair pick; 2 brushes; 1 roller
- Dental floss; two toothbrushes
- Four tubes of toothpaste
- Six containers of various moisturizers
- Shampoo, container and detangler
- Three face powders
- Two empty containers
- One crystal stick deodorant
At least I don't pack full size. Now I'm on a flight later today so I will pare it down.
And I will promise myself that I will take the time to read my check list before I leave the house.