23 August 2013

No thanks: Coffee Mate

My beef at the moment: those creamers they give you in hotel rooms. Yes
I know they are shelf stable but isn't their another choice.

Coffee in the room is a bonus - many times I just put it on to have the
aroma of freshly brewed coffee. And those decaf coffee pouches make
great shoe deodorizer.

What I don't like - never liked - and most likely will not like - is
Nestle Coffee Mate. I'll drink my coffee black thank you.

A blend of corn syrups, a list of ingredients I can't spell and water -
you want me to add that to my beautiful cup of coffee? No thanks.

This is the list of ingredients off their website - I think it is nice
that they tell you that it is current as of October 2009. Ingredients do
change and labels will reflect that but in this time and age it is
impossible to keep everything up to date. As a vegetarian you are out of
luck as Sodium Caseinate is linked to milk; I've heard diabetics say
that this is acceptable but corn syrup solids equals sugar in my books
so not sure why they just won't use some milk or cream; hydrogenated
anything is off my books (sure in moderation which is what I currently
get - I avoid it as much as I can and it still ends up in my food
supply). The list goes on.

NGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN
AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK
DERIVATIVE)**, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM
ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN.** Not a source of lactose.

Current as of October, 2009. Please see shelf packaging for any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment