24 August 2013

Sleep: Four Points Sheraton Hull/Ottawa - Gatineau

Road trip again - this time for work but I'm always conscious of room
rates (and mates actually).

Here is my like/dislike list for my stay at Four Points by Sheraton
Ottawa/Hull - Gatineau

Check in was pleasant and easy. And I have gotten used to the fact that
they always want to see my ID even though I am a member of the hotel.

I like to get parking included -this time parking was $15 but my room
rate was excellent.

A decent room rate (remember when you see a room rate you will be
charged anywhere from 4% to 25% more depending on what taxes you get
charged.
(ideal room rate for me is $125 or less - yes I am cheap but often I
check in late and depart early). Achieved in this case.

Working internet (so many places day they have internet access but it
varies greatly). Yes it works, easily, beautifully, they included the
code on my room key package. Thank you.

Windows didn't open (I didn't care for that but that is an almost
impossible feature to find these days) but they had black out shades and
it was easy to hide all the light leaks.

Loved the light weight bathrobes. I pack light when I can and often PJs
are left back at home.

Fabulous location - went for a short jog along the river across from the
Parliament Buildings. You could either drive to Ottawa, take one of
those BIXI bikes or walk across the bridge.

The room was well appointment, spacious and easy to work in - plugs were
easy to reach, a desk and comfortable chair, good lighting and a working
internet (didn't I already mention that).

Shower was clean and sparkled. And they had large size containers for
the soaps and shampoos. I like those - no I don't get to take them home
but they are less wasteful to the environment.

Did not like the plastic wrapped plastic drinking glasses.

Did not like the free Nestle water in cheap plastic bottles (this water
is not sustainable; it is wasteful and unnecessary plastic is bad for
the environment)

I would stay here again - and I quite like the Starwood Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment